Arwens Flu Fighter Chicken Soup
Author: Arwen Genge
You can add any veggies you like
- Fresh corriander, leaves and roots
- 1 lemon, zest & juice
- 1tbs Fresh Turmeric, or 1 tsp dried ground turmeric
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 spring onions
- 2tbs fresh ginger
- 1 fresh red chilli
- 2tb fresh parsley leaves
- 2tbs coconut oil
- 2 - 4 chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1tbs TMX vege stock paste or chicken stock paste
- 1 litre water or liquid chicken stock
- 3tbs tamari , or soy sauce
- 30g mirin, optional
- 1tbs Miso Paste
- 100g baby kale or spinach leaves
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- Place coriander leaves into TM bowl & chop for 3 secs/speed 7. Scrape out of bowl & set to one side.
- Place lemon zest, parsley, ginger, spring onions, fresh turmeric, chilli, coriander roots & garlic into the TM bowl chop for 20 secs/speed 10. Add the coconut oil & cook for 2 mins varoma speed 1. Add the stock paste into the bowl.
- Place the cubed chicken breast into the simmering basket inside the TM bowl. Cover the chicken with the water or stock.
- Set time 20 mins on 100 degrees speed 2.
- Ensure chicken is cooked through, & empty cooked chicken pieces into the broth into the TM bowl. Then add all remaining ingredients (except the kale or spinach) Don't forget the chopped coriander. Mix 10 secs reverse speed 1.
- Place baby kale & or spinach leaves into soup bowl & pour the hot broth over, making sure to portion out the chicken cubes into the bowls. serve with extra chilli slices & more lemon juice to taste.