Fiona Hoskin is one of my most favourite people, she is an award winning Chef who has turned around her cooking & eating habits around to be gluten free, grain free & refined sugar free. I have learnt so much from Fee over the almost 7 years we have been friends. I just love her infectious positivity & her delicious healthy recipes. Most are available on her website & I’ve been lucky enough to cook, test & photograph some of the recipes too 🙂
My Mum & her family are from New Zealand so as soon as I saw thew Kiwi collection on cookidoo I knew I had to try some of the recipes. I made the afghan biscuits with my nephews too & they loved it! A recipe our Mum used to always make for us. The thing I like about this Lamb recipe is you use a pan to sear the lamb & the Thermomix is used for a marinade for the Lamb before it goes into the oven & then a red wine jus is made in the pan & the spinach & pea puree is made in the Thermomix. it tasted amazing too!!
This post is a work in progress to show how easy it is to use the Thermomix for making delicious Vegan recipes.
Thanks so much to Sally for letting me share her soup recipe & I have converted it to the Thermomix of course. Sally does Chinese cooking classes from her gorgeous home in Lymington, (just past Cygnet) Tasmania. They are great value & so much delicious fun! To find out about Sally’s classes you can email her email@example.com.
- Cooking Oil
- 20 schichuan peppercorns
- 1 - 2 Spring onions finely chopped
- A few slices of ginger
- a few dried shitake mushrooms soaked, strained, stems removed (keep the soaking water)
- optional - a few dried black fungus/wood ears, soaked, strained & thinly sliced
- 400g fresh, frozen or bottled tomatoes roughly chopped
- 2- 3 tbs soy sauce
- 1 litre of stock/water include the mushroom straining water into this (you can use 1 tbs of stock paste & water)
- ground white pepper to taste
- Chinese black vinegar to taste
- Salt to taste
- 400g medium firm tofu sliced
- 2 eggs
- sesame oil
- fresh coriander & extra sliced spring onions to serve
- Add Sichuan pepper to a dry wok & roast till it starts to smoke, add about 1 tablespoon of oil (Sally uses rice bran oil) allow the pepper to turn black. Turn off the heat.
- Add the ginger to the TM bowl & chop 3 secs, speed 7.
- Add Shitake mushrooms & chop 3 secs, speed 7, scrape down the TM bowl.
- Add the oil & Sichuan pepper along with the spring onions, shitake mushrooms & wood ear mushrooms & cook for 3 mins, varoma temperature, reverse, speed 1.
- Add the tomatoes & soy sauce & cook for 5 mins, 100 degrees, reverse, speed 1.
- Add the liquid/stock & black vinegar & white pepper to taste keep adding & then tasting until you are happy with the flavour.
- Mix cornflour with a little water & add to the soup, bring it up to the boil again, 2 mins 100 degrees, reverse speed 1.
- Add simmering basket & place tofu into the basket & cook for 2 mins, 100 degrees, speed soft reverse. Remove tofu & basket & keep warm in a Thermoserver.
- Whisk the 2 eggs together in a bowl. Set the TM for 1 min, 100 degrees, reverse speed 2 & slowly pour in the egg mixture.
- Serve with the warm tofu placed into each bowl & pour hot soup on top & garnish with spring onion & or fresh coriander.