WOW! Dreams do come true!! What an epic year 2017 has been for me, filled with delicious food & wonderful friends both new & old from all over the world! This year has been brought to me by the number 4 (sometimes with added 0/s)
4 Blades – This year I started working for The 4 Blades Magazine doing some of their food photography every month & even had 3 issues in a row where my photo made it to the front cover!! To be paid to do what you love is just so awesome, I’m so happy!
4 trips – I went to Auckland for Thermofest, a sneaky girls trip to Melbourne to Dani Valent’s Thermomix Restaurant Club at Vue De Monde (including a VIP tour of their kitchen), to Italy for the Thermomix Emerald Class trip & a whirlwind trip of Australia working for Sophia the Thermomix Baking Blogger – 10 classes in 6 cities in 2 weeks!! (Including behind the scenes at the Dani Valent set watching the filming!!)
40 is fabulous!! I turned the big 40 in June this year & celebrated by throwing a dress up Foodie 40th Birthday Party. My friend Rosey made me a Thermomix costume for the party & it has now been worn by myself, Dani Valent & Sophia (Thermomix Baking Blogger) not to mention taking the costume on the baking cooking class tour around Australia too!!
400 – This year I have now clocked over to having more than 400 Thermomix customers. I can hardly believe it & I’m so grateful to have met so many awesome people through Thermomix over the 6 years I have been a consultant. It’s been so amazing seeing people that have been wanting a Thermomix for ages finally getting one in their kitchen or lucky people getting a Thermomix as a gift. I love seeing families cooking with their Thermomix making things they never thought they could or would make. Some customers even have 2 Thermomix on their bench too!!
Food 4 thought – it’s always about the food tasting & trying new recipes. This year I cooked over 50 Italian recipes, I finished cooking & photographing every recipe from the Entertaining with Dani Valent Cookbook – my favourite Thermomix Cookbook!! And I got my model 5 Thermomix signed by Dani Valent herself (pictured above). I have learnt how to make some of the best bread this year from Sophia’s 7 day 7 breads challenge & by reading & cooking from her Real Bread Cookbook. I’ve met some amazing Chefs & dined at some delicious restaurants while ticking off my foodie bucket list. I’ve been to lots of awesome cooking classes. The best times I’ve had, have been cooking with friends, sharing tips, recipes, ideas, learning new cooking skills together, chatting, laughing & tasting homemade flavoursome food made from scratch with good quality ingredients. You really can taste the love in the food. (Yes I’m getting all soppy!)
Cheers to you all, I wish everyone a very Happy 2018 with lots more delicious Thermomix cooking with family & friends.
I’m so excited that Dani Valent has answered my Famous ThermoFive questions. She is my foodie/Thermomix hero & she is coming to Tasmania next week & will be in Hobart for her Entertaining with Dani Valent Cooking Class on Wed 18th Oct at 6.30pm. It will be the best $70 you will spend in a long time – trust me!! Book here there only a few spots are left 🙂 (Did I mention the Entertaining with Dani Valent Cookbook is my favourite Thermomix Cookbook?!) If you can’t make it to the class, I recommend signing up to Dani Valent Cooking, Dani’s awesome online video subscription site for amazing Thermomix recipes, tips & tricks.
1. What do you love about your Thermomix?
I love the fact my Thermomix is there to help me with whatever I want to do. When I’m in a rush and just need to get dinner on the table, there it is! When I’m feeling creative and want to try new techniques or ingredients, there it is! When I need to replenish my basics – stock, pesto, flours, yoghurt, dips – there it is again. And, of course, when I need an emergency cocktail or cheesecake, there it is again!
2. What is your favourite Thermomix Cookbook or Thermomix recipe?
I’ll always have a soft spot for vegetable stock paste. It’s one of the first things I made in my Thermomix when I got my first one in 2008 and there’s barely been a day that I haven’t had some on hand since. I feel honestly unequipped to go forth through life without it! And fave book…well, I’m very fond of this lovely Entertaining book right now 😉
3. What is your top Thermomix tip?
Trust it! Your Thermomix is your best friend in the kitchen: reliable and always there for you. Let it be the confidence boost that allows you to try new dishes, flavours and experiences. I love hearing that people have made their first curry paste, or tried bread making for the first time, or felt equipped and inspired to host a dinner party – that’s what my cookbooks and videos are all about!
4. What is your quick & easy go to meal?
I’m a sucker for a grain salad – steamed grains in the Thermomix, perhaps with steamed vegies or vegies that I roast in the oven. It’s endlessly adaptable and even if I’m having a ‘oh my goodness there’s no food in the house!’ day I can still scrape together something delicious and nourishing. My secret is to always have condiments on hand – kimchi, vadouvan curry powder, furikake, chutney, for example – and then you can turn any basic meal into something special.
5. Which Thermomix recipe/s do you want to try next?
I’m thinking new cocktails for summer – my mind is buzzing with ideas. I can tell this is going to be pretty tough research!
Thanks so much Dani Valent, we are all so excited about your upcoming cooking class.
Hooray for truffle season!! I am in love with truffles, the aroma makes my head spin & my taste buds salivate. So what should you do with your truffle to get the most out of it? I just love truffle infused eggs for making the most delicious & decadent scrambled egg, it’s actually one of the only scrambled egg recipes I really enjoy 🙂
To infuse the eggs, place them together with the truffle in the fridge in a large glass jar with a lid & some paper towel. you should change the paper towel every day or so. I love this job because you get to smell the truffle again!! Aromatherapy to the max!! Truffles also go well with fresh pasta & I love making truffle butter to just simply spread on a piece of toasted sourdough bread!! This year i used some of my truffle infused eggs to make a steamed omelette!! Only the best omelette I’ve ever eaten!!
A few of the recipes I made this year are from The Truffle Cookbook. (The launch lunch of this cookbook is definitely in my top 3 meals of my life!! It was a truffle feast where I went into a truffle induced coma & had truffle oozing from my pores for the next day!!) I buy the 2nd’s truffles to keep the cost down & thankfully this year there was a 15% special due to them having such a good season!! Happy Days for me!! This truffle cost me $100 delivered (delivery was $20).
Scrambled eggs with truffle infused eggs & truffle butter.
Thanks so much to Sally for letting me share her soup recipe & I have converted it to the Thermomix of course. Sally does Chinese cooking classes from her gorgeous home in Lymington, (just past Cygnet) Tasmania. They are great value & so much delicious fun! To find out about Sally’s classes you can email her email@example.com.
Sally’s Hot & Sour Soup recipe -in the foreground you can see the the ingredients used in the soup- sichuan pepper, dried wood ear mushrooms & dried shitake mushrooms & Chinese style knife all purchased at our local Asian grocers.
I can not believe it – I made it to Lake Como!! Thanks so much to all my amazing customers & friends you are totally awesome!! I will be continuing my Italian Cooking Adventures until I make it to 50 recipes to celebrate 🙂
If I was a nail biter I’d be biting them right now lol!!
Here is the latest update for operation Lake Como – 30 Sales in 30 Days – Challenge accepted!! Things are about to get even crazier!!
Thanks to all my friends & customers for their ongoing support for my Thermomix Business 🙂
I am sooooo excited!! As an Independent Thermomix Consultant we have the opportunity to earn our way to a reward trip to Lake Como in Italy, including a guided foodie tour by WA Chef Nico Moretti!!
Only the top selling 51 consultants from (1st Jan-30th June 2017) in Australia & New Zealand will get to go & I plan to be one of them. (We can sell a Thermomix to anyone in Australia)
Just for a bit of fun every time I get another point towards Lake Como, I am going to make an Italian recipe in the Thermomix & share the photo 🙂
Do you have any favourite Italian recipes you think I should try? I will only need to cook 50 plus recipes in the next 6 months!!
And anyone who hosts a Cooking Experience with 2 or more guests between 9th Jan & 30th April will go into the draw to win a Trip for 2 to Lake Como as well! I hope one of my customers wins the prize!
Join me as I cook my way through Italian Recipes using my Thermomix – 1 recipe for each time I make a sale – I need over 50 sales before the end of June to get to the Thermomix Reward Trip in Lake Como. I do love a good challenge.
1. I’m counting this as an Italian Recipe – It is the Inside Out Chicken Parmigiana – Not traditional but very delicious! It’s from the Entertaining with Dani Valent Cookbook.
2. Homemade Pizza Dough
3. I also made Nico’s Ragu Di Pomodoro E Peperoncini – Spiced tomato sauce for the base of the pizza.
4. Homemade pasta dough in the Thermomix made into Spaghetti with Ragu Di Pomodoro E Peperoncini (Spiced Tomato Sauce & Cheese)
5. Dani Valent Cooking Red Wine -Braised Beef with Polenta Cremoso recipe by Joseph Vargetto (I used the truffle polenta I bought at the Essential Ingredient) – The dish tastes better than it looks!
The pasta & truffle polenta I bought at the Essential Ingredient in Newcastle 🙂
6: Tiramisu for 2 (in a jar – one for me & one for my friend & customer who upgraded her Thermomix at the start of March) I used the recipe from the Basic cookbook & added my own homemade vanilla bean paste. I made 1/3 of the recipe so I didn’t have to eat too much 🙂
7: Nico Moretti recipe for Spinach & Ricotta “Gnudi” – “Gnudi” are a classic Tuscan dish, and it’s like ravioli, but without the pasta (just the filling). These light & fluffy gnudi are STEAMED in the VAROMA and served with a fresh Salsa di Pomodoro (Tomato Pasta Sauce)
8. A regular recipe made at our place is homemade pesto, delicious as a quick sauce on pasta or spread on toast with fresh homegrown tomatoes is just heaven.
9. Nico Moretti’s recipe for White Chocolate Pannacotta
10. A family favourite Lasagne – all the elements are cooked in the Thermomix the meat sauce, the béchamel white sauce, the fresh pasta dough & grated cheese. Then into the oven YUM!!
Italian Pantry Shopping – opps someone drank the prosecco 🙂
11. Italian Style Lamb Shank served on Cauli mash with truffle salt. The sauce was made in the Thermomix then poured over the lamb shanks that went into the oven in a casserole dish slow cooked for 2 hours.
12. Puttanesca sauce made in the Thermomix & I cooked the dry pasta I bought at the essential ingredient. (A favourite Italian recipe from one of my customers who just upgraded to a new Thermomix)
13. Potato Sciacciata recipe from In the Mix 2, a Tuscan version of focaccia with potato in it.
14.Spaghetti Carbonara recipe from the Thermomix Basic Cookbook.
16 & 17 (home made) Potato Gnocchi with Pork & Fennel Ragu – A Nico Moretti recipe from his cookbook Delicious Journeys.
18. Osso Bucco – I make the sauce in the Thermomix & seal the floured Osso Bucco meat in a pan & then baked in the oven with the sauce for 2 hours 🙂
19. Orechiette Con Broccoli – another Nico Moretti recipe from his Delicious Journeys cookbook. I cooked the sauce in the Thermomix & the pasta & broccoli in a big pot.
20. Chicken Cacciatore recipe from The Basic Cookbook
21. Meatballs in Tomato sauce with mushrooms. I added mushrooms to the recipe from The Basic Cookbook. We have made it many times at my customers Thermomix Cooking experiences (The meatballs are steamed over a tomato sauce)
22. Italian Hot Chocolate
23. Torte Pasqualina – I accidentally didn’t get the recipe right lol!! I cracked all my egg into the mixture & then realised I was supposed to keep some whole lol!!
24. Ricotta & Spinach Cannelloni
25. (Recipe from one of my Italian Customers) Sylvia’s Almond Bocconcini.
26. Minestone Soup
27. Tajarin with truffle butter & truffled egg yolk 🙂 Recipe from the truffle cookbook by Rodney Dunn – I just thermofied the recipe where I could 🙂 I used the truffle I bought from Duncan Garvey Perigord Truffles of Tasmania ❤️
28. Gnocco Fritto, deep fried bread. I made the dough in the Thermomix 🙂
29. Roman-Style Semolina Gnocchi.
30. Pumpkin & Blue Cheese Arancini
31. Red Wine Risotto (I didn’t like this recipe 🙁 )
32. Hazelnut Chocolate Spread 🙂 (Recipe in the Basic Cookbook)
33. Chocolate Ravioli with Orange & Apricot Sauce – A Joseph Vargetto recipe from Dani Valent Cooking.
34. Sundried Tomato Focaccia
Ingredients top up from the Italian Pantry
36. Homemade mozzarella cheese
37. Raviolo with ricotta & truffle infused egg yolk
38. Ricotta filled ravioli with burnt butter truffles & thyme
39.Squid ink pasta
40. Squid ink pasta with prawns in a spicy tomato sauce
41. Quattro formaggi and walnuts (4 cheese pizza)
42. Classic Calzone
43. Napoli Potato Cake
44. Torta Caprese
45. Stracciatella Ice Cream
47. Chicken Involtini with Sun-dried Tomato Pesto
48. Pizza Bianca, made so many times for Thermomix Cooking Experiences 🙂
49. Homemade Ricotta Gnocchi with Burnt Sage Butter & Spinach
50. Bolognese Sauce – we make this all the time but I kept forgetting to take a photo of it!!
Time to celebrate!! I finished cooking my 50 Italian style recipes just 2 weeks before I will arrive in Lake Como Italy!! This is my new Thermomix model 5 called Bimby (Italian name for Thermomix) I earned this Thermomix while earning my trip to Italy & also sold my 400th Thermomix in that period too! I’m saying Saluti with a glass of Prosecco – Italian sparkling wine 🙂 Thanks everyone so much for all your support for my Thermomixing!!