Thanks so much to Sally for letting me share her soup recipe & I have converted it to the Thermomix of course. Sally does Chinese cooking classes from her gorgeous home in Lymington, (just past Cygnet) Tasmania. They are great value & so much delicious fun! To find out about Sally’s classes you can email her email@example.com.
Sally’s Hot & Sour Soup recipe -in the foreground you can see the the ingredients used in the soup- sichuan pepper, dried wood ear mushrooms & dried shitake mushrooms & Chinese style knife all purchased at our local Asian grocers.
Sophia from Thermomix Baking Blogger sent me her thermi ergoslide to review – here is the review I left on her shop after only having my slider for a couple of days “I just LOVE my new Thermi Ergoslide – not only does it look gorgeous but it is such a great design & so easy to use!! I think I need to order 2 more for my other Thermomix too 🙂 Well done Sophia!”
See my thermi ergoslide unboxing facebook live video here 🙂
I have used my Thermomix for about 4 years without them sitting on something & then my friend Kyle made me some tiles with felt underneath them to sit my Thermomix on. I have customers that sit their Thermomix on a chopping board so they can slide it around. Like having an extra thermomix bowl I can’t imagine not having a slider for my Thermomix now 🙂
Why slide? Some of my customers can’t lift their Thermomix up due to many reasons or some of them can’t trust themselves because they know they are used to sliding other appliances. The 3 feet underneath your Thermomix are the feet of the scales & if you continually drag your Thermomix on the bench you can affect the reading of the scales.
Thermi Ergoslide – Sophia developed this amazing product & has thought of everything including how good it looks, check out how many different colours are available, suitable for any kitchen. I really am going to get 2 more so each of my Thermomix has one, I haven’t decided on the colours yet. Sophia has thought of everything even the packaging!
I borrowed my friend Kelly’s thermi ergoslide & love the speckled grey colour – also you will notice it is perfect for either model Thermomix.
Notice the 2 sets of feet -the sliding ones at the back & the sturdy ones at the front. Also note the indent at the front which makes it easy to grasp & then slide.
So it all comes down to the all important price, as usual you do pay for good quality. The full retail price is around $134 – $150 depending on the colour you choose & if you are attending one of Sophia’s Australian classes you can pre order thermi ergoslides & skip the postage fee. This is my first product review but I give it 5 stars (highest rating) & I am happy to recommend it to anyone. Happy Thermomixing!!
July is the Flavours of India celebration!! A perfect time to enjoy a curry with some friends while learning how to use the Thermomix 🙂 Check out our delicious Indian style menu. Or you can mix & match it with our regular options for our Thermomix Cooking Experience. Check the Thermomix website for our current host rewards & invite 2 – 5 friends for a delicious fun 2 hours 🙂
Masala Bread Rolls – delicious fresh rolls made with tandoori paste.
Creamy Coconut Chicken Curry with Cauliflower Rice (also pictured is the homemade Tandoori paste)
I can not believe it – I made it to Lake Como!! Thanks so much to all my amazing customers & friends you are totally awesome!! I will be continuing my Italian Cooking Adventures until I make it to 50 recipes to celebrate 🙂
If I was a nail biter I’d be biting them right now lol!!
I’m so excited & I’m getting closer, but still have a lot to sell in the last 2 days!!
It’s the final countdown waiting for these last sales by the end of June – 5 days to go!! Click here for the latest promotions.
Here is the latest update for operation Lake Como – 30 Sales in 30 Days – Challenge accepted!! Things are about to get even crazier!!
Thanks to all my friends & customers for their ongoing support for my Thermomix Business 🙂
I am sooooo excited!! As an Independent Thermomix Consultant we have the opportunity to earn our way to a reward trip to Lake Como in Italy, including a guided foodie tour by WA Chef Nico Moretti!!
Only the top selling 51 consultants from (1st Jan-30th June 2017) in Australia & New Zealand will get to go & I plan to be one of them. (We can sell a Thermomix to anyone in Australia)
Just for a bit of fun every time I get another point towards Lake Como, I am going to make an Italian recipe in the Thermomix & share the photo 🙂
Do you have any favourite Italian recipes you think I should try? I will only need to cook 50 plus recipes in the next 6 months!!
And anyone who hosts a Cooking Experience with 2 or more guests between 9th Jan & 30th April will go into the draw to win a Trip for 2 to Lake Como as well! I hope one of my customers wins the prize!
Join me as I cook my way through Italian Recipes using my Thermomix – 1 recipe for each time I make a sale – I need over 50 sales before the end of June to get to the Thermomix Reward Trip in Lake Como. I do love a good challenge.
1. I’m counting this as an Italian Recipe – It is the Inside Out Chicken Parmigiana – Not traditional but very delicious! It’s from the Entertaining with Dani Valent Cookbook.
2. Homemade Pizza Dough
3. I also made Nico’s Ragu Di Pomodoro E Peperoncini – Spiced tomato sauce for the base of the pizza.
4. Homemade pasta dough in the Thermomix made into Spaghetti with Ragu Di Pomodoro E Peperoncini (Spiced Tomato Sauce & Cheese)
5. Dani Valent Cooking Red Wine -Braised Beef with Polenta Cremoso recipe by Joseph Vargetto (I used the truffle polenta I bought at the Essential Ingredient) – The dish tastes better than it looks!
The pasta & truffle polenta I bought at the Essential Ingredient in Newcastle 🙂
6: Tiramisu for 2 (in a jar – one for me & one for my friend & customer who upgraded her Thermomix at the start of March) I used the recipe from the Basic cookbook & added my own homemade vanilla bean paste. I made 1/3 of the recipe so I didn’t have to eat too much 🙂
7: Nico Moretti recipe for Spinach & Ricotta “Gnudi” – “Gnudi” are a classic Tuscan dish, and it’s like ravioli, but without the pasta (just the filling). These light & fluffy gnudi are STEAMED in the VAROMA and served with a fresh Salsa di Pomodoro (Tomato Pasta Sauce)
8. A regular recipe made at our place is homemade pesto, delicious as a quick sauce on pasta or spread on toast with fresh homegrown tomatoes is just heaven.
9. Nico Moretti’s recipe for White Chocolate Pannacotta
10. A family favourite Lasagne – all the elements are cooked in the Thermomix the meat sauce, the béchamel white sauce, the fresh pasta dough & grated cheese. Then into the oven YUM!!
11. Italian Style Lamb Shank served on Cauli mash with truffle salt. The sauce was made in the Thermomix then poured over the lamb shanks that went into the oven in a casserole dish slow cooked for 2 hours.
12. Puttanesca sauce made in the Thermomix & I cooked the dry pasta I bought at the essential ingredient. (A favourite Italian recipe from one of my customers who just upgraded to a new Thermomix)
13. Potato Sciacciata recipe from In the Mix 2, a Tuscan version of focaccia with potato in it.
14.Spaghetti Carbonara recipe from the Thermomix Basic Cookbook.
16 & 17 (home made) Potato Gnocchi with Pork & Fennel Ragu – A Nico Moretti recipe from his cookbook Delicious Journeys.
18. Osso Bucco – I make the sauce in the Thermomix & seal the floured Osso Bucco meat in a pan & then baked in the oven with the sauce for 2 hours 🙂
19. Orechiette Con Broccoli – another Nico Moretti recipe from his Delicious Journeys cookbook. I cooked the sauce in the Thermomix & the pasta & broccoli in a big pot.
20. Chicken Cacciatore recipe from The Basic Cookbook
21. Meatballs in Tomato sauce with mushrooms. I added mushrooms to the recipe from The Basic Cookbook. We have made it many times at my customers Thermomix Cooking experiences (The meatballs are steamed over a tomato sauce)
22. Italian Hot Chocolate
23. Torte Pasqualina – I accidentally didn’t get the recipe right lol!! I cracked all my egg into the mixture & then realised I was supposed to keep some whole lol!!
24. Ricotta & Spinach Cannelloni
25. (Recipe from one of my Italian Customers) Sylvia’s Almond Bocconcini.
26. Minestone Soup
Watch this space for my next Italian style recipe coming soon 🙂