Festive Cauliflower Salad
Author: Arwen Genge
Serves: 6 - 8
INSPIRING IDEAS: Try serving with fish, chicken or quail. Add some chopped fresh beetroot for even more colour & flavour. (Place beetroot halves into the TM bowl & chop for 3 secs speed 5.5) To remove the pomegranate seeds from the fruit using your Thermomix, simply place two pomegranate quarters into mixing bowl and remove arils 1 sec/speed 4. Discard the skin and pith and set pomegranate seeds aside in serving bowl. Repeat until all pomegranate quarters are used. Set all arils aside in serving bowl.
- 1 cauliflower head, outer leaves removed
- 100 g shelled and unsalted pistachios, roughly chopped
- 20 g fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves only, washed and well dried
- 20g fresh coriander, leaves and stems, washed and well dried
- 80g extra virgin olive oil
- 40g freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1⁄4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tsp ground allspice
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 pinches freshly ground black pepper Additional ingredients to serve:
- 1 pomegranates, seeds only
- pomegranate molasses, to drizzle Sumac, to sprinkle
- Fresh coriander, leaves only, roughly chopped to garnish
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped Mint leaves optional
- To prepare the cauliflower, first trim the stalks from the core and discard the core.
- Cut the very top of the florets off the stalks and set florets aside in a bowl.
- Place stalks into mixing bowl and chop 10 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl with spatula and chop a further 10 sec/speed 7. Set aside in a large salad bowl.
- Place half of the reserved cauliflower florets into mixing bowl and chop 2 sec/speed 5, or until slightly courser than the stalks. Set aside in the salad bowl.
- Place remaining cauliflower florets and pistachios into mixing bowl and chop 2 sec/speed 5. Set aside in the salad bowl.
- Place parsley and coriander into mixing bowl and chop 2 sec/speed 6.
- Set aside in the salad bowl.
- Place all dressing ingredients into mixing bowl and mix 10 sec/speed 5 and pour over salad
- Top with pomegranate seeds then drizzle with pomegranate molasses, sprinkle with sumac, coriander and parsley and lightly toss before serving.