Nicole's Festive Nougat
Author: Nicole Wighton
Cuisine: Christmas Cooking
Try using anything you want in place of the nuts – pistachios, almonds, ginger, hazelnuts, glazed cherries and more, or even a mixture of many of these. Make sure you slightly toast your nut selection first before adding to mixture.
- 1 egg white
- 400g honey
- 100g Pistachio
- 100g Dried Cranberries 50g white chocolate
- 150g Pecans
- 150g Macadamias
- 60g coconut oil
- 40g Mayple syrup
- 25-30g Chinese Five Spice Sea Salt
- 2 to 4 piece confectionary rice paper
- Add 1 egg white to bowl and mix 2 sec, speed 2,
- Add 400 grams honey, then insert butterfly. Cook, 60 mins, 100 Speed 2, With MC off
- Quickly remove butterfly out, add in remaining ingredients and mix 5-10 sec, reverse speed 3. You may need to finish this step by hand with a spatula if it starts to set too quickly
- Place a layer of rice paper on your bread mat (or baking paper) spoon mixture liberally over rice paper.
- Place another piece of rice paper on top, followed by a piece of baking paper and press or roll out to desired thickness.
- Let set in fridge for approximately half an hour then slice up, trimming all edges first, then into 2-3cm strips.