I can not believe it – I made it to Lake Como!! Thanks so much to all my amazing customers & friends you are totally awesome!! I will be continuing my Italian Cooking Adventures until I make it to 50 recipes to celebrate 🙂
If I was a nail biter I’d be biting them right now lol!!
I’m so excited & I’m getting closer, but still have a lot to sell in the last 2 days!!
It’s the final countdown waiting for these last sales by the end of June – 5 days to go!! Click here for the latest promotions.
Here is the latest update for operation Lake Como – 30 Sales in 30 Days – Challenge accepted!! Things are about to get even crazier!!
Thanks to all my friends & customers for their ongoing support for my Thermomix Business 🙂
I am sooooo excited!! As an Independent Thermomix Consultant we have the opportunity to earn our way to a reward trip to Lake Como in Italy, including a guided foodie tour by WA Chef Nico Moretti!!
Only the top selling 51 consultants from (1st Jan-30th June 2017) in Australia & New Zealand will get to go & I plan to be one of them. (We can sell a Thermomix to anyone in Australia)
Just for a bit of fun every time I get another point towards Lake Como, I am going to make an Italian recipe in the Thermomix & share the photo 🙂
Do you have any favourite Italian recipes you think I should try? I will only need to cook 50 plus recipes in the next 6 months!!
And anyone who hosts a Cooking Experience with 2 or more guests between 9th Jan & 30th April will go into the draw to win a Trip for 2 to Lake Como as well! I hope one of my customers wins the prize!
Join me as I cook my way through Italian Recipes using my Thermomix – 1 recipe for each time I make a sale – I need over 50 sales before the end of June to get to the Thermomix Reward Trip in Lake Como. I do love a good challenge.
1. I’m counting this as an Italian Recipe – It is the Inside Out Chicken Parmigiana – Not traditional but very delicious! It’s from the Entertaining with Dani Valent Cookbook.
2. Homemade Pizza Dough
3. I also made Nico’s Ragu Di Pomodoro E Peperoncini – Spiced tomato sauce for the base of the pizza.
4. Homemade pasta dough in the Thermomix made into Spaghetti with Ragu Di Pomodoro E Peperoncini (Spiced Tomato Sauce & Cheese)
5. Dani Valent Cooking Red Wine -Braised Beef with Polenta Cremoso recipe by Joseph Vargetto (I used the truffle polenta I bought at the Essential Ingredient) – The dish tastes better than it looks!
The pasta & truffle polenta I bought at the Essential Ingredient in Newcastle 🙂
6: Tiramisu for 2 (in a jar – one for me & one for my friend & customer who upgraded her Thermomix at the start of March) I used the recipe from the Basic cookbook & added my own homemade vanilla bean paste. I made 1/3 of the recipe so I didn’t have to eat too much 🙂
7: Nico Moretti recipe for Spinach & Ricotta “Gnudi” – “Gnudi” are a classic Tuscan dish, and it’s like ravioli, but without the pasta (just the filling). These light & fluffy gnudi are STEAMED in the VAROMA and served with a fresh Salsa di Pomodoro (Tomato Pasta Sauce)
8. A regular recipe made at our place is homemade pesto, delicious as a quick sauce on pasta or spread on toast with fresh homegrown tomatoes is just heaven.
9. Nico Moretti’s recipe for White Chocolate Pannacotta
10. A family favourite Lasagne – all the elements are cooked in the Thermomix the meat sauce, the béchamel white sauce, the fresh pasta dough & grated cheese. Then into the oven YUM!!
11. Italian Style Lamb Shank served on Cauli mash with truffle salt. The sauce was made in the Thermomix then poured over the lamb shanks that went into the oven in a casserole dish slow cooked for 2 hours.
12. Puttanesca sauce made in the Thermomix & I cooked the dry pasta I bought at the essential ingredient. (A favourite Italian recipe from one of my customers who just upgraded to a new Thermomix)
13. Potato Sciacciata recipe from In the Mix 2, a Tuscan version of focaccia with potato in it.
14.Spaghetti Carbonara recipe from the Thermomix Basic Cookbook.
16 & 17 (home made) Potato Gnocchi with Pork & Fennel Ragu – A Nico Moretti recipe from his cookbook Delicious Journeys.
18. Osso Bucco – I make the sauce in the Thermomix & seal the floured Osso Bucco meat in a pan & then baked in the oven with the sauce for 2 hours 🙂
19. Orechiette Con Broccoli – another Nico Moretti recipe from his Delicious Journeys cookbook. I cooked the sauce in the Thermomix & the pasta & broccoli in a big pot.
20. Chicken Cacciatore recipe from The Basic Cookbook
21. Meatballs in Tomato sauce with mushrooms. I added mushrooms to the recipe from The Basic Cookbook. We have made it many times at my customers Thermomix Cooking experiences (The meatballs are steamed over a tomato sauce)
22. Italian Hot Chocolate
23. Torte Pasqualina – I accidentally didn’t get the recipe right lol!! I cracked all my egg into the mixture & then realised I was supposed to keep some whole lol!!
24. Ricotta & Spinach Cannelloni
25. (Recipe from one of my Italian Customers) Sylvia’s Almond Bocconcini.
26. Minestone Soup
Watch this space for my next Italian style recipe coming soon 🙂
We have just finished our studio lighting section of our photography course at TAFE & needed to arrange some photo shoots that we set up by ourselves to use lightning in a dramatic way. Well I had the idea that I wanted to make my favourite sorbet from the In the Mix Cookbook that uses dry ice – The dry ice not only creates a bit of theatre but also gives the sorbet a slightly fizzy taste in your mouth enhancing the sorbet experience even more 🙂
It was nerve raking setting up all the lighting etc plus everything up to make the sorbet & then even more so making the sorbet in front of some of my classmates, but then it was really fun & delicious, I got lost in the drama of the dry ice!! And somehow I ended up with over 200 photos!! I I have decided to use the photos for a bit of self promo for the latest Thermomix reward trip to Las Vegas & the Grand Canyon. I have to get all my sales in by June 30 to count for this amazing trip. I was so close at the end of May so I have decided to get it a good crack, while hopefully giving my customers & friends a good crack up of a laugh at my funny photos!
Thanks to all my amazing customers & friends, I have made it to the Thermomix reward trip to Las Vegas & The Grand Canyon.
It’s so exciting that so many awesome new customers have started their amazing Thermomix journey over the last month or they are just about to start 🙂
Yes I love the Thermomix!! Yes I have 3 (no I don’t need 3) Yes they have names!! And they have eyes!! This is my kitchen, I don’t have a built in cooktop, just a single plug in one – It will be the kitchen of the future 🙂
Yes I am a Therrmomix consultant (have been for over 4 years now)
So why do I love the Thermomix?!
It’s a moveable kitchen.
You can make so many things from scratch so quickly & easily. So of course the food has amazing flavour!!
It gets used multiple times every day.
Yes I love cooking but it suits people who love to cook or people that want to spend less time in the kitchen and people who are time poor & want dinner in a flash.
My favourite functions are milling whole spices; you heat them up first in the Thermomix & then mill them. It’s perfect for curries & dips. I always mill cinnamon sticks too. I love how it cooks & stirs for you while you do something else. I love the kneading function & the steaming function. I even love the latest feature for the model 5 – the guided recipes, which is perfect for those times when you can’t be bothered thinking!! (Admit it we all have times like that?!)
I’m not selling them to make money, I may have called myself the crazy Thermomix lady because it is a passion & I truly believe every household should have one! (we can sell a Thermomix to anyone in Australia – so watch out!) I have seen so many people change the way they cook & eat. People that have never cooked that are now cooking with a Thermomix. People using more fresh ingredients, trying new recipes, I’ve seen people falling in love with their Thermomix! Sometimes I am even lucky enough to be a part of someone’s joy at getting a Thermomix as a surprise for a birthday or wedding gift. I have even seen people win a Thermomix from a raffle! There are lots of Chefs that use them in restaurants & cafes all over the world too!
(This post is not quite finished & will be updated with even more amazing Thermolove soon!!)
Yes, it’s been on the “to do list” for a rather long time & finally it’s here – my food blog!!
Over the next few days/weeks I am going to recount my epic foodie adventures from this year; there have been highs, lows, laughs & tears – but I wouldn’t change a thing!
2015 The year of the gourmet food journey – It started in Jan with my French recipe challenge, over 50 delicious recipes cooked in the Thermomix – click here to see them all 🙂
This year I’ve been lucky enough to earn Thermomix trips to the Gold Coast in March & Paris in September with a few quick stops and food tours through, Nice, northern Italy & London. I had 4 trips to Melbourne including 2 lunches at Heston’s Fat Duck restaurant. I’ve attended multiple cooking classes; I’ve run both healthy & decadent cooking classes, met amazing chefs & waiters/waitresses, submitted recipes for a local Garlic Feast cookbook. I even auditioned for Masterchef!! And another dream came true – I have been recipe testing for my Thermomix foodie hero Dani Valent – author of my 2 favourite books – the In the Mix Cookbooks. (Sign up to her newsletter to get awesome free recipes!)
I bought my digital SLR camera in March & in the 2nd half of the year completed a TAFE photography course & 2 food styling & photography courses. (One with JJ from 84th & 3rd & 1 with Michelle Crawford from Hugo & Elsa) I have bought too many cookbooks to count, washed too many dishes and tasted the most amazing food ever!! At times this year I was known as the crazy Thermomix lady with 4 Thermomix!! I have delivered over 80 Thermomix this year to lots of happy customers too!
To say I am completely grateful is a huge understatement -through all these adventures I’ve had my family, friends & Thermomix customers by my side to enjoy all the delicious foodie fun, wine, coffee & the instaspam. Yes I may currently have a bit of a food baby, but I am happy right here, right now in my food coma, looking back on the most epic foodie year I have ever had! Plus this year is not over; the saga continues………..
I will be at the Taste of Tasmania on the 29th & 30th Dec 2015 presenting a 1 hour cooking segment with my friends using delicious Tasmanian cheeses, see you there for more delicious fun!!