Love ’em or hate ’em, lunchboxes are an unavoidable necessity. Parents have an important role to play when packing a lunchbox. Learning is hungry work! To fuel children for a day at school, pack a nutritious main lunch plus snacks from the five food groups. Pack to suit your child’s appetite.
Try these Thermomix recipes* from The Basic Cookbook.
Grains and cereals
– Pizza dough (try mini pizzas or pizza scrolls)
– Bircher muesli
– Bread and rolls (try lunchbox sized rolls)
– Fruit buns
Meat and alternatives
– Hard boiled eggs
– Omelettes (try wraps or rolls)
– Lasagne (try “lasagne cups” baked in a muffin tray)
– Quiche (try mini quiches, easier for little hands)
– Fish cakes
– Vegetarian sausage rolls
Dairy and alternatives
– Stewed fruit
– Apple sauce
– Vitality truffles (bliss balls)
– Lightly steamed raw veggies
– Potato cakes
* If your school is nut-free, either omit the nuts or substitute a mix of seeds in recipes that contain nuts. Try pine nuts (a seed, not a nut), linseeds, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds or chia seeds.
Written by Erica Noble, Thermie owner and volunteer Family Food Educator. For more ideas and information go to www.familyfoodpatch.org.au or www.dhhs.tas.gov.au/healthykids, or follow Family Food Patch or Healthy Tasmania on Facebook.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
There may be an issue with the Instagram access token that you are using. Your server might also be unable to connect to Instagram at this time.
Error: No posts found.
Make sure this account has posts available on instagram.com.