Thermomix Rhubarb Clafoutis
My Rhubarb Clafoutis recipe holds a special place in my heart – it’ so easy & you can make it gluten free using almond meal instead of flour. This is another recipe the is included in Eloise Emmett‘ s Tasmanian Pantry Cookbook.
Author: Arwen Genge
Recipe type: Dessert
If you want to make it gluten free simply use almond meal instead of the flour
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened for greasing dish
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 250g grams rhubarb, sliced into 1cm width
- 100 grams plain flour, or almond meal
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 150 grams caster sugar
- 150 grams milk
- 150g cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, or seeds form 1 vanilla bean
- icing sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Grease a 25cm round or rectangle baking dish with the softened butter, then sprinkle sugar over base and sides.
- Place the rhubarb slices into the base of the dish.
- Add plain flour (or almond meal), baking powder, eggs, sugar, cream, milk and vanilla into mixing bowl and blend for 10 secs speed 5 or until combined.
- Pour this mixture over the rhubarb - it will float to the top so sprinkle some more caster sugar on top to help sweeten the rhubarb.
- Place into oven and bake for 30 - 35 minutes or until puffy & golden.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve.