I created this recipe for a healthy eating workshop last year & came up with lots of interesting variations. here I have shown the recipe in the most simplest form, cauliflower, coconut oil & salt & pepper. However you can spice or jazz it up with any or all of the following ingredients: garlic, sweet potato, ground cumin, ground coriander, smoked chilli, black or white sesame seeds, coconut pulp leftover from making coconut milk or cream.
My other cauliflower “rice” recipe is steamed however I much prefer the roasted flavour.
Or eat it cold it makes for an awesome salad, add some almonds & fresh greens & other favourite salad ingredients.
- 1 cauliflower
- Salt & peper to taste
- 2-4 tbs coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic - optional
- 1- 2 large sweet potatoes, roughly chopped, skin on - optional
- 1-2 tbs your favourite spices to taste, I like, cumin, coriander, turmeric & a bit of smoked chilli,
- Black sesame seeds, optional
- 150g coconut pulp - optional, (leftovers from making coconut milk or cream)
- Heat oven to 200 degrees.
- Place garlic (if using) into the TM bowl & chop for 3 secs speed 7. Add the cauliflower stalk & leaves & sweet potato (if using) & chop for 2 -3 secs on speed 5. Scrape this out of the bowl & place onto a large baking tray.
- Place cauliflower pieces into the TM bowl & chop on reverse for about 5 secs speed 4. Then add to the baking tray. Add coconut oil, salt & pepper & any or all of the other optional ingredients - spices, black sesame seeds & coconut pulp (if using) bake on 200 degrees 20 mins, stirring a few times.
- Serve with your favourite curry or anywhere you would normally serve rice or couscous.