Another awesome cookbook put together by Dani Valent. Here are the yummy recipes I have made from this amazing cookbook so far….
Every photo posted of an Eloise Emmett recipe in December gives you a chance to win an indulgence weekend at Little Norfolk Bay Events and Chalets – See the full competition details here.
I love a good challenge and a styling one is always great fun unfortunately it was a busy time for me so I am running very late to get all the photos posted.
This is the Thermomix version of my Creamy Potato Salad from the Tasmanian Pantry Cookbook by Eloise Emmett.This recipe is very adaptable, you can use sweet potato instead or a combination or potatoes or veggies. In Tasmania we love our pink eye potatoes but you can use any potato you like, waxy potatoes work best for the salad recipe though. Tt can be dressed with natural yoghurt or homemade mayo (or a combo of the two) or a vinaigrette. You can change it up & serve it with crispy bacon pieces or smoked salmon & capers!! Endless possibilities!! YUM!!!
- Fresh herbs - parsley, dill & or mint
- 1 clove garlic (optional)
- 500g Boiling water
- 6 eggs
- 800g washed pink eye potatoes, cut into quaters
- 1 tbs dijon or seeded mustard
- 250g sour cream
- salt & peper to taste
- ½ bunch spring onions & or chives, finely chopped
- Place parsley and chosen herbs with garlic into into TM bowl and chop finely for 2 seconds on speed 7. Set aside.
- Place water into TM bowl and place eggs into the simmering basket, potatoes into the Varoma dish. Set Varoma into position and steam at Varoma temperature for 15 minutes on speed 2. or until eggs are cooked to your liking. Place the eggs into a bowl of cold water to cool them down.Continue to steam the potatoes until they are cooked through. (The time will depend on the size of your potatoes)
- Discard water and peel eggs. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Place cooled potatoes into a bowl, with half the chopped fresh herbs, half the spring onions & or chives and add the mustard, sour cream, salt & pepper, mix together to evenly distribute. Place on a large serving platter. Cut eggs into wedges and add to platter. Sprinkle over remaining herbs & spring onions and or chives. Serve immediately.