I’ve had this book for ages and it has so many great recipes It would be a crime not to try as many of them as I can.
Our son just turned 21!! I can’t believe it!! He would have loved to go to Japan this year however that is not possible so I cooked a Japanese style feast for the family at home instead.
Together with my friends we have raised over $1000 for Breast Cancer Research. We thank you for your generous support 💕 I’m sure you will know like I do many families who have lost loved ones and have been through such a tough time due to breast cancer. You can still donate here. I made a pledge to colour my hair pink once we reach the goal of $1000!! Check out my new hair!!
I’m cooking to help find a cure for breast cancer!
This August, I’m taking on the 3 Course Challenge to raise funds for breast cancer trials research. I want to help protect the 1 in 7 women who will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime.
By donating to my page, you’ll help fund clinical trials that are finding new ways to treat, prevent and ultimately cure breast cancer.
I’m sure it will be no easy feat but I’ll at least have top chef Manu Feildel to help me! I can’t wait to give it a go, have some fun and cook to help find a cure for breast cancer.
Thanks so much – I’d love for you to support me and make a donation to Breast Cancer Trials – You can still donate here until the 14th September 2020.
We had the most delicious lunch today!!! A French Fundraiser 🇫🇷 3 Course Challenge 💕
I started making Manu’s red wine sauce recipe 2 days before our lunch – first making the beef stock & cooking it for over 4hrs!!
2 litres of French red wine went into it altogether!!
Course 1 – Vichyssoise avec crème fraîche
Course 2 – Coq Au Vin with a twist (served with Sauce Bordelaise – Rich Red-Wine Sauce)
Course 3 – La tarte au chocolat parfaite ( I also made Manu’s shortcrust pastry in the Thermomix too)
My friend Christine also made sourdough baguettes 🥖 and her very special French vanilla slice!!
And I got my homemade truffle butter out of the freezer too!!
My sister has a hungry family of 5 and she will often cook up a big batch of bolognese sauce and freeze it off into portions and decide what she will turn it into once she defrosts it – That’s why I am calling this post magic meals. If you prefer to make a vegetarian bolognese sauce with lentils and veggies you can still turn your sauce into any of these 5 magic meals!!
- Of course you can serve your bolognese sauce with pasta or vegetable noodles!!
2. Mexican – Try adding some spices & beans to make your bolognese into chilli con carne and serve with rice and or corn chips, cheese & salads for a taco bowl.
3. Shepherds Pie – Add herbs & frozen peas to the bolognese & top with a veggie mash and cheese and then bake in the oven.
4. Pastitsio – Place cooked macaroni mixed with 2 whisked eggs into the base of a baking dish top with spinach leaves and the bolognese sauce then top with white sauce, bread crumbs and cheese and bake in the oven.
5. Lasagna – Of course you can layer the bolognese sauce with fresh pasta or instant pasta sheets and bechamel sauce and top with cheese and bake till crispy.