Yes the name of this recipe is a link to one of my favourite childhood books by Dr Suess. After eating this fritatta I’m sure you would say you like to eat green eggs & ham (or bacon) anywhere. This is a recipe that is just in my brain & you can use any vegetables or any cheese, perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner, great for lunch boxes too – See my live face book video of me making the dish here. I’d love to know any of your variations, I sometimes make a fritata with smoked salmon as well .
Green Eggs & Ham Fritatta
Author: Arwen Genge
Serves: 9 serves
Very easy to vary with different veggies 🙂
- 1 large sweet potato roughly cubed (no need to peel)
- 4 rashers of bacon
- 1 red onion sliced
- 5 sprigs fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic
- 100g spinach or silver beet leaves
- 8 eggs
- 250g cream or greek yoghurt
- salt & pepper to taste
- 200g feta cheese
- Turn the oven on to 180 degrees & in your baking dish roast your sweet potato, onion & bacon rashers, you don't want to over cook the bacon & the sweet potato should be just cooked through.
- Place garlic & parsley into the TM bowl & chop for 2 secs speed 7. Add the spinach & chop roughly for 3 secs speed 5.5 - you may need to use your spatula to help push all the leaves into the blades.
- Add the eggs, cream & salt & pepper & mix for 5 secs speed 4. Spread the mixture over the roasted sweet potato & bacon. Crumble over the feta cheese & return to the oven to bake for approx 20 mins or until golden.