My sister has a hungry family of 5 and she will often cook up a big batch of bolognese sauce and freeze it off into portions and decide what she will turn it into once she defrosts it – That’s why I am calling this post magic meals. If you prefer to make a vegetarian bolognese sauce with lentils and veggies you can still turn your sauce into any of these 5 magic meals!!
- Of course you can serve your bolognese sauce with pasta or vegetable noodles!!
2. Mexican – Try adding some spices & beans to make your bolognese into chilli con carne and serve with rice and or corn chips, cheese & salads for a taco bowl.
3. Shepherds Pie – Add herbs & frozen peas to the bolognese & top with a veggie mash and cheese and then bake in the oven.
4. Pastitsio – Place cooked macaroni mixed with 2 whisked eggs into the base of a baking dish top with spinach leaves and the bolognese sauce then top with white sauce, bread crumbs and cheese and bake in the oven.
5. Lasagna – Of course you can layer the bolognese sauce with fresh pasta or instant pasta sheets and bechamel sauce and top with cheese and bake till crispy.