I grow rhubarb, I don’t do anything to it it just grows – that’s my favourite kind of gardening!! Maybe it grows so well because I got the original plant from my green thumb Mum? Anyway I have so much of it I am always on the hunt for a good rhubarb recipe either sweet or savoury, and I will upload more of my favourite rhubarb recipes soon – however this Rhubarb Crumble Muffin recipe is a regular because it is so easy & we normally have all the ingredients available. Watch me make them in my live facebook video.
Rhubarb Crumble Muffins
Author: Arwen Genge
Recipe type: Baking
Serves: 12 Muffins
You can replace some or all of the rhubarb with apple if you wish.
- 12 portion(s)
- Rhubarb Muffins
- 220 grams Spelt Flour (white or whole), Or plain white flour or ½ of each
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 120 grams Rapdura Sugar, Or normal sugar
- 150 grams trimmed rhubarb
- 100 grams buttermilk, Or plain yoghurt or milk
- 60 grams coconut oil, Or vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon ground
- Optional Crumble Topping
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 2 tablespoons Shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons almonds, or hazelnuts
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon ground
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Place rhubarb into TM bowl 1 sec speed 6. Scrape out of the bowl & set aside. No need to clean the bowl.
- Add all the wet ingredients & sugar & process for 5 secs speed 5.
- Add flour & baking powder & rhubarb process 3 secs on speed 5 till just incorporated.
- Scrape mixture into paper muffins cases.
- Make optional topping as per below if you want to.
- Sprinkle with optional crumble topping if desired. (No need to clean the bowl after making the muffin mixture- place all the crumble topping ingredients into the TM bowl [locked] & turbo a couple of times, you still want them still a bit chunky. Sprinkle a little on top of each of each muffin.)
- Bake for 20 mins until golden & cooked through.