Raw Beetroot & Choclate Cake – recipe in the Dairy Free collection on Cookidoo (online recipe platform)
Dairy Free Tzatziki
This post is a work in progress to show how easy it is to use the Thermomix for making delicious Vegan recipes.
Vanilla Chia Puddings
Author: Arwen Genge
Recipe type: Breakfast or Snack
Serves: 6 serves
- 150g of chosen nuts (my favourite are macadamia or cashews) almonds are popular too.
- 1 vanilla bean (or 2 - 4 tsp of homemade vanilla bean paste)
- 1000g filtered water
- good pinch of salt
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg (optional)
- 50g cacao nibs (optional)
- 100g chia seeds
- Fresh berries to serve
- Soak nuts over night or for 6 hours, in filtered water drain & rinse the nuts.
- Place the nuts & vanilla bean into the TM bowl & chop for 30 secs on speed 10 (if you want a chocolate version you have the option to add your cacao nibs now too)
- Add the filtered water, coconut oil, salt, cinnamon & nutmeg, blitz for 1 - 1.30 on speed 9 (turning the dial up slowly from speed 1 - 9)
- Add the chia seeds & mix for 5 mins, 37 degrees, reverse, speed 3.5.
- The mixture will still be quite liquid, transfer into serving containers & place into the fridge to set for approx 1.5 - 2 hrs.
- To serve, sprinkle over fresh berries.
You might like to mix the cacao nibs in at the end instead to add a nice texture to the puddings.
You might like to add a few dates, if you prefer a sweeter pudding.
So many variations to try with your own favourite flavours