Layered Thermomix Salmon Dinner
Do you like a creamy mash? Oh hello!! This is so indulgent but it is so worth the calories!! Winner, winner salmon dinner! Plus it is super easy!!
So this might be a silly question but how do you get your mash so creamy? Add cream to it of course!! Oh & use a Thermomix!! If I want to be super decadent I replace the milk with cream in the guided recipe for mashed potato. (if you choose this option you can sometimes get a slight coating on the base of the Thermomix bowl which will need a bit of a scrub but it is so worth it!) My favourite cream to use is Tasmanian Ashgrove cream. I am lucky that they sell large 2 litre containers of this close to where I live, perfect for making butter in the Thermomix too.
Feel free to use any veggies you like for the mash or steamed veggies here are my top suggestions.
My favourite mash or puree’ veggies are either just a single one of these veggies or mix a couple together. Try floury potatoes or sweet potatoes (I don’t even bother peeling them) Or cauliflower, pumpkin or parsnip.
Eat your greens – try any or all of the following:
Frozen peas – you can even blitz these to make into mushy peas instead of serving the mash if you want.
Try zucchinis, broccoli, broccolini, boc choy or asparagus.
Now last but not least the salmon – I love fresh dill & salt & pepper but you can add garlic, lemon zest, chives or capers.
I hope you have fun mixing it up – trying different combos depending on what is in season or you have available to you at the time.
- 1 salmon fillet per person
- Fresh dill sprigs to taste
- 1 kg of sweet potatoes roughly chopped into about 3cm cubes
- 250 - 300 grams of single cream
- Couple knobs butter
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Favourite green veggies
- Place fresh dill into the TM bowl & chop for 2 secs on speed 7.
- Scrape out the chopped dill & spread on top of the salmon pieces.
- No need to clean the TM bowl, insert the butterfly whisk & add the sweet potato & cream.
- Cook for 20 mins/varoma temperature/ speed 1.
- Place the salmon pieces into the varoma dish with salt & pepper. (If you like you salmon slightly pink you will need to adjust the cooking time suit the size of your salmon pieces).
- Place the greens onto the varoma tray & insert on top in the last 5 -10 mins (again depending on how cooked you like your veggies & the size & type of veggies.
- Keep the salmon & veggies warm in a Thermoserver. Check that your sweet potato is fully cooked & if so add the butter, salt & pepper & puree on speed 4 for about 20 - 30 secs.