My Mum & her family are from New Zealand so as soon as I saw thew Kiwi collection on cookidoo I knew I had to try some of the recipes. I made the afghan biscuits with my nephews too & they loved it! A recipe our Mum used to always make for us. The thing I like about this Lamb recipe is you use a pan to sear the lamb & the Thermomix is used for a marinade for the Lamb before it goes into the oven & then a red wine jus is made in the pan & the spinach & pea puree is made in the Thermomix. it tasted amazing too!!
Weekday family comfort food at it’s best & it’s hubby’s favourite dinner too, so I know how to get into his good books -just make this for dinner & some apple pie with custard for dessert 🙂
- 1kg lamb, cubed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 each sprigs fresh rosemary and thyme leaves
- 1 brown onion halved
- 2 sprigs fresh flat leaf parsley
- 400g tomatoes, diced, canned (or fresh cherry tomatoes)
- 50g tomato paste
- 100g frozen peas
- 1 carrot halved
- 1 celery stick cut in two
- 1tbs Stock Concentrate
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 2 bay leaves, fresh, or dried
- 10g cornflour (optional)
- 20g olive oil
- Sweet Potato topping
- 1kg sweet potato cubed, no need to peel
- 50g Good Parmasen cheese
- 250g milk or cream
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 30g Butter
- 1 clove garlic
- TOPPING- Chop parmasean cheese (and garlic) for 5 secs speed 10.
- Set it to one side.
- Insert the butterfly whisk & add your sweet potatoes, milk or cream (or a mix of both) salt & pepper, cook for 15 - 20 mins 100 degrees speed 1 until cooked completely.
- Add the butter & mash for 20 secs speed 4.
- Place to one side while you make the filling (or you can make the filling first & then make the topping, your choice!)
- LAMB FILLING -Place garlic & herbs into TM bowl & chop for 5 secs speed 7.
- Add onion, carrot & celery & chop for 5 secs speed 4, you may need a couple of seconds longer depending on their size.
- Scrape down side of the bowl add the oil & saute' for 3 mins Varoma temp speed 1.
- Add lamb & cook 10 mins 100 degrees reverse speed 1.
- Add remaining filling ingredients except the peas & cook for 20 mins 100 degrees reverse speed 1. Add the peas & cook for another 5 mins 100 degrees reverse speed 1.
- Pour mixture into a large baking dish.
- Spread with your sweet potato topping & cheese.
- Bake in the oven at 180 - 200 degrees for 20 mins or until brown.
Have you been to the coolest looking butcher in town? Huon Valley Meat Co have amazing top quality hormone free, grass feed meat. Sometimes it can be a challenge to style meat so we gave it go! It was the perfect day for it because someone had brought in their Thermomix from home for some recipe development – guess what was the star of this photo shoot? See my styling & photography buddy Ellie’s photos on her blog.
Of course we had to buy some meat to take some home too for an awesome cook up, so much flavour & such good products, do yourself a favour & drop on in.