My Mum & her family are from New Zealand so as soon as I saw thew Kiwi collection on cookidoo I knew I had to try some of the recipes. I made the afghan biscuits with my nephews too & they loved it! A recipe our Mum used to always make for us. The thing I like about this Lamb recipe is you use a pan to sear the lamb & the Thermomix is used for a marinade for the Lamb before it goes into the oven & then a red wine jus is made in the pan & the spinach & pea puree is made in the Thermomix. it tasted amazing too!!
Weekday family comfort food at it’s best & it’s hubby’s favourite dinner too, so I know how to get into his good books -just make this for dinner & some apple pie with custard for dessert 🙂
Family Favourite Lamb Pie topped with Sweet Potato Mash
Author: Arwen Genge
Recipe type: Family Comfort Food
Serves: 6 - 8 serves
Comfort food to keep the whole family happy - try different veggies or a combo of veggies for the topping, cauliflower, potato, parsnip, jerusalem artichoke.
- 1kg lamb, cubed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 each sprigs fresh rosemary and thyme leaves
- 1 brown onion halved
- 2 sprigs fresh flat leaf parsley
- 400g tomatoes, diced, canned (or fresh cherry tomatoes)
- 50g tomato paste
- 100g frozen peas
- 1 carrot halved
- 1 celery stick cut in two
- 1tbs Stock Concentrate
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 2 bay leaves, fresh, or dried
- 10g cornflour (optional)
- 20g olive oil
- Sweet Potato topping
- 1kg sweet potato cubed, no need to peel
- 50g Good Parmasen cheese
- 250g milk or cream
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 30g Butter
- 1 clove garlic
- TOPPING- Chop parmasean cheese (and garlic) for 5 secs speed 10.
- Set it to one side.
- Insert the butterfly whisk & add your sweet potatoes, milk or cream (or a mix of both) salt & pepper, cook for 15 - 20 mins 100 degrees speed 1 until cooked completely.
- Add the butter & mash for 20 secs speed 4.
- Place to one side while you make the filling (or you can make the filling first & then make the topping, your choice!)
- LAMB FILLING -Place garlic & herbs into TM bowl & chop for 5 secs speed 7.
- Add onion, carrot & celery & chop for 5 secs speed 4, you may need a couple of seconds longer depending on their size.
- Scrape down side of the bowl add the oil & saute' for 3 mins Varoma temp speed 1.
- Add lamb & cook 10 mins 100 degrees reverse speed 1.
- Add remaining filling ingredients except the peas & cook for 20 mins 100 degrees reverse speed 1. Add the peas & cook for another 5 mins 100 degrees reverse speed 1.
- Pour mixture into a large baking dish.
- Spread with your sweet potato topping & cheese.
- Bake in the oven at 180 - 200 degrees for 20 mins or until brown.