Thermie Green Vegetarian Curry
This is one of the first recipes I added to the Thermomix recipe community around 6.5 years ago & it has been extremely popular – of course you can add chicken to it if you prefer, it’s great to grow my own lime leaves too. You can store lime leaves, chillies & coriander roots in the freezer, so you have most of the ingredients ready to go for an easy week night dinner packed full of flavour. It’s delicious served with my coconut rice recipe too – if you are making the coconut rice recipe in the Model 5 you need to add more liquid either coconut cream or water to take it up to the 1200g marker & it’s a bonus you can steam more veggies on top of the rice while it’s steaming! Or if you really want to pack in more veggies why not serve it with my roasted cauliflower “rice” recipe. For more great vegetarian recipe ideas click here.
- 1 onion cut in half.
- 1 garlic clove
- ginger, approx 2cm
- 1 bunch coriander , including roots
- 1 tablespoon TM vegie stock concentrate
- 3 big green chilies, with or without seeds depending how spicy you like it
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce, optional- leave out for vegetarian guests
- 1 heaped teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 heaped teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 fresh or frozen kaffir lime leaves
- 600 grams sweet potato, pumpkin, carrot or potato, 2cm cubed -use any or a combination of all of these vegetables
- 400 grams light organic coconut cream
- 400 grams zucchini, broccoli, peas or snow peas, cut into chunks-use any or a combination of all of these vegetables or other favourites you may have
- 400 gram Chickpeas, drained & Rinsed (one tin)
- 100 grams spinach leaves, fresh
- Put onion, garlic, ginger, coriander, tm stock and chillies in the TM bowl chop for 15 sec speed 8, scrape down sides of bowl.
- Add peanut oil, fish sauce and ground coriander & cumin and cook for 4 min 100 degrees speed 1.
- Add kaffir lime leaves, coconut cream & 600g hard vegetables to TM bowl.
- Place spinach leaves into the thermoserver.
- Add the rest of the soft green vegetables place into the Varoma -zucchini & broccoli on the bottom & snow peas & peas on the top tray.
- Cook for 15 mins reverse Varoma temp speed 1. Check vegetables if any of the steamed vegetables are cooked remove & place into the thermosever.
- Add chickpeas to TM bowl & cook for an extra 5 mins reverse Varoma speed 1 only if vegetables need to be cooked further.
- Add to the Thermoserver & stir through the spinach.
- Serve with coconut rice or jasmine rice.