Paneer & Vegetable Curry
Author: Charlie Hamilton
Recipe type: Curry
- 2 litres milk
- 3 tbs apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp chilli powder (or 1 fresh chilli)
- 1 tbs cumin seeds
- 1 tbs coriander seeds
- 1 ts ground ginger (or fresh ginger)
- ½ tsp turmeric (or fresh turmeric)
- 3 cardamon pods
- ½ cinnamon quill
- 6 whole black peppercorns
- 1 tbs flour
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 onion cut in half
- 20g olive oil
- 400g canned tomatoes
- 40g pitted dates (optional)
- 1 tbs of TMX veggie stock paste
- 400g sweet potato cut into 3cm cubes
- 500g mix of other green vegetables in season - zucchini, beans, peas, broccoli or cauliflower.
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 3 tbs fresh coriander chopped to garnish
- 2 tbs fresh mint leaves chopped to garnish
- Heat milk for 20 mins/90 degrees/speed 2.
- Add the vinegar & stir for 1 min/speed 2.
- Place a nut milk bag into the simmering basket into a clean sink or container and pour in the contents of the TM bowl to drain the curds from the whey.
- Rinse the ball off whey in the nut milk bag under some fresh water.
- Place this ball still in the bag & simmering basket into a container into the fridge with a weight on top to allow all the excess liquid to drain out. making sure the drained liquid will not be in contact with the whey. It is best to do this over night or for a few hours.
- You can then cut your paneer into pieces ready to use in the curry recipe.
- Place all the dry spices & plain flour into the bowl & dry roast 3 mins/Varoma/speed 1.
- Allow to cool for about 5mins & then mill for 1 min/speed 9.
- Add garlic, onion (& any optional fresh spices) chop for 3 secs/speed 7.
- Add oil & saute' 3 mins/Varoma/speed 1.
- Add tomatoes, dates, sweet potato, salt & pepper (& cauliflower if using) cook for 3 mins/100 degrees/reverse/soft speed.
- Add remaining veggies & cook for 15 mins/100 degrees/soft speed.
- Gently fold in the paneer & garnish with fresh coriander & mint.
- Serve with steamed rice, freshly made rotis & apricot chutney.