It’s super easy to throw together some bliss balls or protein balls with a Thermomix, myself I just can’t be bothered rolling the balls so I normally press the mixture into a tray or rectangular silicon moulds – I did roll balls for these photos with the help of my nephew. We made a nut free balls that my sister makes for their school lunches, apricot & coconut balls & the classic Choc Date Balls with almonds.
ALI’S NUT FREE CHOC BALLS
- 250 grams sunflower seeds
- 50 grams Pepita Seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 50 grams water
- 300 grams dates, pitted
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- Desiccated or Shredded Coconut
- Process sunflower & pepita seeds for 5 secs on speed 10, place this mix to one side.
- Put dates & water into the TM bowl & cook 2 mins 100 degrees speed 2.
- Add vanilla, raw cacao powder & reserved seeds & process for 5 secs on speed 6.
- Roll into balls & roll each ball in coconut.
Another great apricot & coconut recipe are these Apricot Squares – you press the mixture into a tray & if you are in a rush into the freezer to set it quickly & then it is really easy to just slice into bar or square shapes, one of my customers also drizzles hers with white chocolate 🙂
NOTE: Styling Balls can be a challenge here is a pic from our Prep Prop Style & Shoot Workshop & below links to some of JJ’s Ball recipes.
Try JJ’s Lemon Macadamia & Coconut Raw Truffles or her Raw Choc Chip Cookie Dough Truffles. Even truffles is a fancier name than balls & makes it sound a bit more posh 🙂